PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Pink Marshmallows For Men?

Thankfully I was tactfully advised that these cards might not be suitable for the two men I'd intended  since the pink was really too feminine & the foam put one in mind of soft squidgy pink marshmallows or fluffy candy floss. That was a close shave - actually rather obvious - but I was so intent on not doing cute & was thrilled when I thought how well the pink foam would work with the Brayered Resist (brayering over VersaMark stamping) backgrounds that I lost sight of the colours being feminine. Saved from a rather unfortunate faux pas by a very good friend of mine - who also happens to have an innately masculine perspective.

FIRST CARD
front

close-up showing stamped foam &
 Brayered Resist background

inside of card showing pearlescence of stamped border
& shine of Mirri Card


SECOND CARD
front

close-up showing stamped foam with glittered edge 
& Brayered Resist background

inside of card
(click on photos to enlarge)

Recipe
Stamps Hero Arts CL234 Winter's Butterfly (snowflakes)  Elusive Images UDLCW0029 Church Mandala (star design stamped into foam).
Inks Kaleidacolor Berry Blaze with VersaMark watermark stamp pad (background), Brilliance Pearlescent Purple (star design & inking some cardstock edges).
Cardstock Black plus an assortment of pinks & violets in various finishes from "stash".
Punches Woodware (circles & scalloped circles, scalloped rectangle), Xcut (ornate corner; the tiny black snowflakes are the waste from this).
Miscellaneous Pink Funky Foam, Ice Stickles Glitter Glue (Grape Ice), Liquid Pearls (Pastel Raspberry).
The gems are from "stash".

Challenges Entered
Oldie But A Goodie Challenge 8 - You're A Star (I have had the stamps for more than 6 months & the star iconography is the central focus of both these cards) 
Simon Says....ANYTHING GOES!!!! (my pink candy floss & marshmallows should be OK for this!)

10 comments:

Annie said...

they are fabulous Paula, and I would say it all depends on the man. I have girl friends who definitely don't do pink and frilly, but some men friends who perhaps are a little more in touch with their feminine sides who would love the artistic elements you have used in creating these cards. either way, I think they are great!
hugs, annie x

Tracy said...

Fab entry, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lorraine said...

oh wow Paula i love the colours on this one and the technique of versamark stamping looks amazing I shall have to invest in this inkpad too lol its so beautiful love love love this card xx

Lorraine said...

I also love the second card too its another beautiful variation of the techniques you are so clever at this sort of art xx

Deborah Frings said...

Paula - some guys like pink!! I agree that these might be too feminine for the guys, but they are absolutely stunning cards. I love the brayered background - you've got that mastered. And the foam toppers are so pretty - lovely shapes. All in all - fab!!

Deborah x

Tara Godfrey said...

Fabulous cards, Paula! Love the brayer technique! I hope you have a very merry Christmas and all the best for 2011! Hugs,t

PinksyDoodles said...

Wonderful cards. Love the resist technique. Thank you for joining our "You're a Star" challenge at Oldie but a Goodie.
Clare x

Fleur said...

Very pretty
Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lisa Jane said...

Love the cards and the techniques used.
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie
Lisa ;)

xxxtglxxx said...

That made me smile - pink marshmallows! It reminds me of the candy shrimps you used to be able to buy for about 2p! I would want to eat that! lol

Beautiful and vibrant cards though, and I'm sure most men dont scream at the sight of pink ;)

hugs

xxalisonxx