PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Friday 3 December 2010

My Creative Classroom - Terriffic Techniques Wk 4

Week 4 was all about alchemy & using household items e.g. bleach, lemon juice, cling film etc... I did get very messy with the shaving foam, I even turned the bath water an aqua colour (!), so it was just as well I had had that before skinning my husband's smoked mackerel for dinner. There are, however, some suspiciously green stains on the tea towels after the evening's drying up.

(click on images to enlarge)

Bleach & Colour
Stamp: Elusive Images
Image heat embossed in gold, selected areas bleached & some coloured 
using  Daler-Rowney Artists’ Watercolour Pencils

Stamp: Elusive Images
Inks: Distress Inks (Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint)
Image heat embossed in silver, selected areas bleached & coloured using Distress Inks


Colour then Bleach 
Stamp: Elusive Images
Inks: Distress Inks (Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood), VersaFine (Onyx Black)
Background inked, image stamped & selected areas bleached 

Stamp: Elusive Images
Inks: Distress Inks (Dried Marigold,  Mustard Seed, Wild Honey), VersaFine (Onyx Black)
Background inked, image stamped & selected areas bleached with some coloured using Distress Inks


Lemon Juice Project
see HERE for details


Shaving Foam Background
Stamp: Elusive Images
Inks: Assorted Fountain Pen Inks
Text heat embossed using PearLustre Alexandrite Embossing Powder


Cling Film Background
Stamp: Hobby Art
Inks etc... Distress Inks (Aged Mahogany, Barn Door, Fired Brick), Perfect Pearls (Interference Red)
Image heat embossed in silver & coloured with Sakura Stardust Pens & Stickles Glitter Glue 

5 comments:

Donalda said...

wow girl !!! You sure have been busy and they all are gorgeous !!!!!!! Just love each and everyone of them dear.

Deborah Frings said...

Paula - you put me to shame! These are jus gorgeous - I particularly like the butterfly and the shaving foam. I did that technique with my Scouts last year - it was fantastic. I will get around to the homework - but it's likely to be in the New Year.

Well done - have you posted them on MCC?

Lorraine said...

Paula are you on a mission lol oh these are all so beautiful and i have never tried most of these techniques i learn so much from you and your work as it is amazing,just so you know there is a little comp on waltzing mouse where you nominate someone who has done good and i hope you don't mind but i have nominated you and the winner and the nominee both win so hopefully my luck stays as i would so love it if they could send you something nice for all you have done for me
hugs
Lorraine xx

Annie said...

oh my! stunning pieces again Paula - my favourite though is the gorgeous butterfly at the top!
hugs, annie x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW, these are all so beautiful. Each on so interesting and full of details that I could spend hours looking at them. I really had no idea about those kind of techniques. The shaving cream one looked sooooo pretty with all those swirled colors.