PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Monday 13 December 2010

Patience with Snowflakes in Red & White

front of card

 close-up showing texture of burgundy cardstock 
plus the layered sequin & "Blink Blink" snowflakes

close-up of image panel

close-up showing "Bleeding Inkpad" colouring 
& dimension of white on white snowflakes

 inside of card



The Sugar Bowl Challenge 49 is s a sketch by Marla-Therese with the optional theme of Snowflakes whilst the All Things Sugar Nellie Forum Challenge this week is RED & WHITE. I chose to make another Fancy Fold Stepper based on this tutorial but this time I worked out my own measurements using inches (click on photo to enlarge). 

To colour my image I used the “Bleeding Inkpad” technique where the image is stamped using water soluble ink (in my case Distress Ink)  & then shading added by applying a damp brush to the stamped lines. I gave further definition to the coat buttons by colouring them with a Sakura Stardust Pen followed by Glossy Accents applied with a cocktail stick.

Recipe
Stamps Sugar Nellie Leanne Ellis Patience.
Inks Aged Mahogany Distress Ink for stamping & colouring image & edging some cardstock.
Colouring etc... Sakura Stardust Pen.
Cardstock A selection of white & red in various textures & finishes, all from "stash" except the linen effect white which is Bits N Pieces A4 Assorted Embossed Card (Snow White Textures).
Punches, Dies etc... Woodware (red snowflake, large red "Blink Blink"), Dovecraft (small white snowflake), Xcut (ornate corner; the tiny white snowflakes are the waste from this), Spellbinders Nestabilities (Large Deckled Rectangles), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Swiss Dots).
The ribbon, gems & snowflake sequins are from "stash".



Challenges Entered
The Sugar Bowl Challenge 49 - Maria Therese's Sketch + theme: snowflakes

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

this is gorgeous huni i love the way you have coloured her unfortunately i haven't been able to enter the pcp one as i have been poorly but i will catch the next one,i love the inside i think it looks beautiful with the red mirror card xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card PEP, love the image. I must give this a go instead of sticking to my black outline and colouring in. Good luck with the challenges. -x-

PCM said...

Paula - you have done another wonderful job with these images. I do like your coloring on this one - it sort of looks like a watercolor. Thanks for the info on the cuts for the step card - will have to try that.

Tara Godfrey said...

Paula this is such a fabulous card! I have never seen the "bleeding ink" technique it looks fabulous and I love all the snowflakes! I love the metallic card too I really need to get some and give it a try!
Hugs,t

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card Paula!! Thank you for joining us at the Sugar Bowl!!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Wow, I've never heard of this technique before. I really like the way it looks. It has a very soft feathery feel to it. I LOVE the red. I bet you have all kinds of fun in your studio. :)