PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Wednesday 25 August 2010

WOYWW 64

Thank you for all your kind comments on my WOYWW posting last week. I was utterly astonished by the response so, with requests for updates & photos when it is all finished, I thought I'd better join in WOYWW again this week.


Above Left  debris from my last two projects - I usually try to trim the scraps & punch out what can be punched before I start the next project but sometimes I don't manage it. The idea now is to get ahead so that when it comes to putting everything back into the room I do some sorting/decluttering as well. So, that will be some task
.
Above Right my ribbon hanger is nestling amongst some of my husband's few thousand books - wonder what Lord Esher, Tennyson & Ruskin would think? These shelves are next to where I sit so in order to reference (when he's not painting) somebody from his 34 volumes of the Dictionary of National Biography (the blue & white books just visible at the top)  he leans over my head & reaches with his long arms.                          

Below you can see how far the painting has progressed. The windows are completely finished - the masking tape just needs removing. All the walls have been painted over with white to give a neutral base for the two coats of Blossom White, one of which has been applied.

19 comments:

Annie said...

What a good idea with the hanger for the ribbons.
A x

Sally said...

Wow - that room is looking very nice! Good luck putting everything where you want it!

Twiglet said...

Looks very fresh and ready for loading up with all your stuff!!!

Lorraine said...

oh wow Paula it is looking gorgeous in your new craft room I am excited for you lol not long now and R won't see you for dust lol xx

HeARTworks said...

It's a good thing you have an understanding husband- it's quite difficult to reach out behind some hanging ribbons! Good job on the windows! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Spyder said...

aw, I want a new craft room...with walls that are further apart! Hubby sez i have, as I use the hall the living room and even the kitchen! great crafty space!!Have a great WOYWW!
((Lyn))

cheryl said...

oh i would love a new craft room would be wonderful to be able to have everything just were i want it,hugs cheryl xxx

Sue said...

Hi ya
lovely piccies, your room is going to be lovely, luv the ribbons, have great day, happy WOYWW,sue,x

Helen said...

Oh, what a lovely room it's becoming. Love the table - I'd be afraid I'd spill something and ruin it... no matter how big my craft mat!

Andria said...

Another fab idea for storing ribbons :)

Candace said...

The room is looking good! Hope you enjoy your crafting space when finished.

thanks for sharing Candace

Joey said...

LOVE your ribbon storage :O) Joey.x

Unknown said...

oh its getting there, good idea with the ribbons, but i couldnt do that my 5 year old would have a field day lol

keep us updated
hugs
judie xx

Nancy said...

Wow what a lovely space, I bet you are looking forward to moving in...great ribbon storage

x

Carola Bartz said...

I like your ribbon hanger - what a creative idea!

Daniele said...

that is going to be such a fab room I'm green with envy
hugs

Annie said...

it's coming along nicely and how exciting to have a blank canvas to fill up! the view to your garden is stunning too, but it looks a little steep!
enjoy your weekend.
hugs, annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is going to be one special room. Glad you keep updating us on the progress.

Like you, I like to make a lot of something, then clean up the messes. Punches can be such fun, lifesavers at times, but make the worst messes (grin). Happy belated WOYWW.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Your room is looking good, really looking forward to seeing it finished - bet you are too!!

Happy Creating.....sorry i'm a little late!

xx