PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Sunday 22 August 2010

An Old Yet New Autumnal Star

front of card

close-up of image panel

close-up showing sparkle of gems & glittered star,
  also one of the swirl  elements

close-up showing glittery sparkle
on hair decoration

inside of card

The Sugar Nellie Forum Challenge #19 is to use autumnal colours with  a Sugar Nellie image & the Sugar Bowl has an optional theme of using something old from our stash or something new with Marlene's Sletch. My image qualifies for the new criterion (although it is an older Leanne Ellis image) as I have not had the opportunity to use it previously & all of my Sugar Nellie stamps except for one have been acquired within the last 6 months.

The card I have made is adaptable for various occasions, I could well imagine giving it to one of my female friends as either a "Birthday" or a "Thank You" card.
Recipe
Stamp Sugar Nellie Leanne Ellis Catch a Falling Star.
Inks etc.... Memento Tuxedo Black (image), Distress Inks (Tea Dye & Peeled Paint) for inking paper & cardstock edges.
Colouring Copic Ciaos & Sketch, Stickles Glitter Glue (Orange Peel & Ice Stickles Lemon Ice), Inkssentials White Opaque Pen.
Cardstock etc.... Dark brown, orange, pale green & textured russet from "stash".
Papers Dovecraft Abstract Prints.
Punches Woodware (circles & scalloped circle), EK Success (wave flourish).
Gems from "stash".

Challenges Entered
Sugar Nellie Forum Challenge #19 - Autumn Colour
The Sugar Bowl Challenge #41 - Marlene's Sketch + Theme: Something Old or Something New? (see above)
Anything Goes Wk 12 - At least 3 Layers (I have 6 if you count the card base & the swirls as layers)
Crafty Cardmakers #27 - Birthdays  (see above)
Create4Fun Wk 34 - Birthday (see above) 
Creative Card Crew - Sparkle & Shine (glittter & gems, plus the implications of sparkle/shine in the star imagery)
ISB Challenge #32 - Dots (dots on her dress & in the patterned paper design, dots are also a component of the swirls)
Let's Ink It Up #1 - Anything Goes + Use The Colour Yellow
My Time To Craft #103 - Glitter & Glitz (glitter, gems & implications of sparkle in the star imagery)
Oh Alice Ch 27 - Sparkly Fabulousness (glitter & gems, plus the implications of sparkle in the star imagery)
Totally Gorjuss #44 - Star!

21 comments:

Lorraine said...

this is gorgeous Paula love the swirls around the triangles it looks great and the colours are beautiful.Love the colouring too you can see her cute rosy cheeks xx

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, just love your flourish star, and your colouring is lovely. Thanks for playing along at Let's Ink It Up for our first challenge and hope to see you again soon. Good Luck.

Elaine said...

Beautiful card Paula.
I do love the image, and your colouring is awesome.
Fab autumn colours, and the swirls on the star points are brilliant, such a great idea.
Thanks for joining in the Sugar Bowl Challenge and good luck.
Love Elaine xx

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Beatiful colors and design! That stamp is lovely too! Great job and thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up!! Hugzzzzzz

Netty said...

Wow that is some cutting out, you must have a very steady hand, brilliant. Love your card. Thank for playing at Lets Ink It Up. Annette x

Danielle Daws said...

Oh wow! I love this! I love the hats around the circle and your colouring is gorgeous!

xxxtglxxx said...

Oooh wow paula, this is awesome!.. Totally original. I love the die cut flourishes, and I think its fab how you have cut the wand out! :D Good Luck Paula, and you have done better than me this week. My internet is back to being capped again and still another 8 days to go till the new month!.. :( bah!

xxtake carexx

Lynne Phelps said...

Love the way you used the flourish punches all around! Thanks for playing along with Oh, Alice!

Claire said...

Wow so beautiful, I love the image and all the details are fab!Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at Let's Ink It Up :-)
Claire xx

Dragonlady said...

What a beautiful card, love the die cuts. Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up.

Hugs Ali x

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card and I love all the detail. Thanks for playing along at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs
Sam xx

Agnieszka M said...

OMG, Your Card is stunning. I love the image, and colours.
Great Job!!!

Thank you for playing with us on the LET'S INK IT UP challenge. Good Luck!

Hugs,
Agnieszka

Jo said...

Gorgeous card, love the star and swirl background it frames the image perfectly. Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o)

Annie said...

Hi Paula! this is such a cute image and I love the glittered star. and an unusual colour scheme that really works so well!
hugs, annie x

Chrissie said...

Lovely glitzy card and perfect for our challenge at My Time to Craft this week! Thanks for joining us!
Chrissie

PCM said...

Lovely Paula - I know I am a bit late in commenting - but for some reason the 'follow' button got turned off on the forum for me and I haven't been getting any notifications. I like the sparkles that you used and wonderful sketch. Great job, TFS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Yvonne said...

BOOO , bet you thought I was the last person you would see, lol
Thought I would pop on while I had my oh lap top...My comp has broke, and needs fixing, boo hoooo .. just been looking over your blog .. beautiful work you have done hun, and your craft croom .. wow .. how amazing .. lucky you ... when can I move in?
hope to be back soon and playing along again with the challenges xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Wow this is gorgeous Paula, you have made a great job, I took a look at that sketch and decided it was too hard for me. Well done. Debs xx

Nicolchen said...

your card looks beautiful...fantastic colors :0)))

Thanks for joining us at ISB and good luck ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Kati said...

It´s a fabulous card. I like the image!

Thanks for joining us at ISB-Challenge and good luck,

hugs, Kati