PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Sunday 8 August 2010

August Brecon Colours For A Summer Girl

front of card

close-up of image panel
 
close-up showing glittered earrings,
inked deckled edging &
inked embossing

inside of card
The pale mat on the base cardstock which appears pinkish in the photos is actually a pale yellow, for some reason that  colour does not photograph true.

The Sugar Nellie Forum Challenge #17 is "Summer". I have used Emma Lockley's sketch from the Sketch Saturday Challenge Wk #115 & the colours are those in my back garden (see photo) on a summer's day in August (8th August 2010).


Recipe
Stamp Sugar Nellie Diane Duda Curtsy.
Inks etc.... Memento Tuxedo Black (image), ColorBox Pheasant Gold for sponging raised surfaces of embossed cardstock, & Pine Needles Distress Ink for inking all cardstock edges.
Colouring Copic Ciaos, Letraset Black Fine Line Drawing Pen, Inkssentials White Opaque Pen, Stickles Glitter Glue (Green).
Cardstock Dark & bright green, pale yellow & white from "stash".
Punches. Diets etc.... EK Success (corner rounder), Spellbinders Nestabilities (Large Deckled Rectangles, Classic Scallloped Ovals Large & Classic Ovals Large), Fiskars Edging Scissors (Deckle).
Flowers Prima Esprit Orange.
The brads are Dovecraft & the buttons are from "stash".

Challenges Entered
One Stop Craft Challenge Wk 92 - Summer Fun (see above)
Paper Sundaes #30 - Metal (metal brads)

14 comments:

Pink Dandelion said...

Fab card Paula, love how you have highlighted the embossing it really makes it stand out. Good luck with the challenges. Debs xx

PCM said...

Paula - lovely card - LOVE those glittery earrings - how fun. Your backyard is gorgeous!! Can I come over and just sit and have a cup of tea with you?

Fiona said...

this is lovely..love the embossing and I love Sugar Nellie stamps..thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week..hope to see you next week.

Fi

Val said...

This is gorgeous - love all the detail. Thanks for joining OSCC. Come back soon.

Hugs
Valxx

Phyllis kelman said...

lovely card Paula your back garden looks lovely have not been on a lot recently as I have been away in the caravan and I have to finish the order of service for my nieces wedding on the 3rd september feeling a bit down today as it is 2 years since my Dad died Happy belated birthday wishes for you. going to go and get my Mum soon as I need to stock up as the cupboards are bare It was our local flower show on saturday Ihad 5 entries and I got 2 firsts a 1 second and 1 third I also won a raffle it is for Eat On The Green it is for Lunch for 2 I have had plenty of offers on who wants to come with me it is only 3 miles away from here we have never been as it is a bit pricey for me if you go to www.eatonthegreen.com you will see the sample menus.god I have been rambling on .I have done a card but I have not got it on here yet Have told Fiona not to put my name in the draw for a few weeks so that someone else can win Lots of love Phyllisx

xxxtglxxx said...

aww, another gorgeous card Paula! :) Great image, and the embossing looks fab!.
I love how you have used a photograph for inspiration - I cant get my head round that! :D

have a great day, and good luck hun xxalisonxx

Annie said...

what a beautiful garden Paula! and a fabulous card too.
hugs,annie x

Elaine said...

Hi Paula, Sorry I'm a bit on the late side tonight!
First. I love your back garden, it looks very calming and serene.
Now to your card, I love the beautiful colours, and of course now I've seen your garden I can see why you picked those colours. Fab colouring of the stamp and the embossing is a great background for the image. Did I miss your birthday?? I am so sorry if I did. I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on! Happy Birthday Paula Mwah mwah.
Love Elaine xx

Lorraine said...

hi huni wow i am loving this one all of the different shapes really compliment each other and the image you have chosen is gorgeous.Loving the colour combo too goodluck xx

Crystal said...

Very pretty, love the embossing & your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Shelley said...

Your back garden looks lush!!! I love your card, the embossing looks great and the image is lovely. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Paula this is gorgeous love that image and I also love where you got your inspiration from, and Brecon is a beautiful place, thank you for sharing this with us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW your garden is GORGEOUS!!! I really love the embossing and your coloring. Very pretty card Paula.

Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.

Wendy

Cathy Spicer said...

I love everything about your card and enjoyed reading your profile. Thanks for playing at OSCC.