PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Thursday 14 April 2011

You Wouldn't Believe.......

ETA 17/4 - somehow I got my wheelbarrows & watering cans mixed up; I should have written watering can below; not until Deb left a lovely comment on my watering can card where I referred to this post did I notice. Thanks Deb.


....... I spent all morning making my ATC (see here for photos etc...) into a card. Excepting the Timbroscrapmania challenge which Gio suggested I enter, I had all of the Challenges listed below in mind when I made my ATC & thought that all I had to do to transform it into a card was to make a side stepper base, decorate that & add my ATC.  How wrong I was! The ATC was so complete in itself that it didn't look right with anything else; I even tried making a wheelbarrow shaped base card from a template & had it all cut out but that looked wrong too. A tag wasn't right either & since the Lily Pad Cards Challenge - whose colour challenge formed the basis of my colour scheme - deadline is imminent settled finally on this:


front of card
angled view

inside of card

close-up showing paper pierced scallops
& textured navy cardstock
(click on images to enlarge)

I have listed the items I used for the ATC element again but added in blue the extra items used to make it up into the card.

Recipe
Stamps Penny Black 30-020 Hugs! (image & sentiment).
Inks Memento Tuxedo Black (image) & Memento New Sprout (inking cardstock edges); Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed & Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks, plus  (inking some cardstock edges); VersaMark watermark stamp pad with Stampendous Detail White Embossing Powder (sentiment).
Colouring Derwent Artists Pencils with paper stumps & Sansodor; Inkssentials White Opaque Pen & Uni-ball Eye Needle Point Black Pen; Ice Stickles Glitter Glue (Crystal ice) & Flower Soft (ivory).
Cardstock Textured navy (I've used the reverse smoother side for the small "hugs" tag); pearlescent turquoise & green; orange & yellow all from stash.
Punches Woodware (large tag, oval & scalloped ovals), Xcut (small tag), Fiskars (ornate corner).
The navy bow came out of a packet of pre-tied bows amongst my stash as did the floral & turquoise gems.
The miniscule gem above "hugs" is Papermania.


Challenges Entered
Lily Pad Cards Challenge 1 - Kathy's Color Throw Down (see above)
Penny Black Saturday Challenge Wk 146 - Say it WITH Flowers
Timbroscrapmania Stamping Challenge 24 - Self-made Background (thanks to Gio for recommending that I enter)





9 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

What a super cute little card, love it! Thanks for joining in this week at Penny Black,

Liz x

Pink Dandelion said...

Ha Ha what a conundrum. All I can say is that the finished article looks really lovely and you can use the other sidestepper and wheelbarrow bits again. Good luck in the challenges. Debs xx

Deborah Frings said...

Such a cute card - love the image - sounds like this was a fun make!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Paula.
luv
Debby

Kath Stewart said...

adorable card paula...one of my fave PB's...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

BA said...

paula your card is so cute, I used the same stamp for my last card, I love it
thanks for joining us at TSM
xoxo BA

Kathy said...

Wow Paula, This is sooooo beautiful and so rich in color. LOVE your design & ALL of your yummy details!!!! Even the inside is layered and elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at Lily Pad and our "Color Throw Down" Hugs,Kathy

Nicoletta said...

Very cute creation Paula!
Thanks for joining us at TSM Challenge!
Hugs
Nicoletta

Giò said...

Hi Paula dear..... thanks a lot for your kind words on my last posts!!! My mom now it's ok!!! and it's right, I think as you...... we would have talk about a lot!!!! The only limit is my English LOL!!! Anyway, I am really happy you joining us at TSM challenge, your card is so cute and I love the shape.
Have a wonderful week end.
Hugs, Giò