PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Whiff Of Joy Challenge DT - #84 Fuzz

card standing

 close-up of image 

 close-up of Flower Soft & small felt flowers

 close-up of various "fuzzy" elements: felt flower garland, small felt flower
& Flower Soft flowers in baskets

inside of card
 


It is with a sense of privilege & delight that I am making this post for it is my first as a member of the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog Design Team.  

Whiff of Joy Challenge #84 has the theme of "Fuzz". This involves incorporating anything "fuzzy" (felt, Flower Soft, flock etc.......) into a project made using a Whiff of Joy image. 

I covered the flowers in the basket Willow is carrying & the eggs of the Easter Basket accessory stamp (from the same Spring 2009 Stamp Kit) with Flower Soft & was really thrilled with the dimensional tactile effect this created. I also used an assortment of felt flowers to further embellish the project. Prior to this assignment I'd not really considered how versatile Flower Soft is, nor how sophisticated an effect could be achieved using the texture of felt. I had always associated the medium of felt with themes related to children so this project proved quite a revelation for me.

For further examples of how to interpret this "Fuzzy" theme have a look at what the rest of the Design Team have created.

Recipe
Stamps Willow image plus accessory stamp from Whiff of Joy Spring 2009 Stamp Kit.
Inks etc.... Memento Tuxedo Black (image), Distress Inks (Dusty Concord, Fired Brick & Mustard Seed) for inking cardstock edges, Pine Needles Distress Ink for sponging dark green card base.
Colouring Copic Ciaos, Letraset Fine Line Drawing Pen, Inkssentials White Opaque Pen, Sakura Stardust Pen.
Cardstock Dark green, yellow, red & pale mauve from “stash”.
Punches/Templates Woodware (circle & scalloped circle, flowers), WS Tempting Templates Watering Can.
Pearls Papermania.
Flower Soft & assorted felt flowers from “stash”.

11 comments:

Annie said...

fabulous Paula! and I love what you did to embellish that watering can accent.
hugs, annie x

Annie said...

I mean the basket accent - caffeine hasn't reached the brain just yet!
hugs again!

Elaine said...

Hi Paula,
I'm at work now so not supposed to be doing this at all but I had to leave you a quick message.
WHOOHOO You go girl!!! Congratulations on making the WoJ DT. I bet you were thrilled to bits!
I'll be back tonight to comment properly but I wanted you to know how thrilled I am for you.
Love Elaine xx

Lorraine said...

wow Paula you kept this one quiet i just love the watering can shaped card and your willow image is coloured beautifully i also love your use of flowersoft and the fuzzy floowers an all round stunning creation xx

Lorraine said...

Hey what happened the end of my comment didn't go on anyway try again BIG MASSIVE CONGRATS on making the woj team they are so priviledged(spelling)to have you your work is amazing I am so happy for you huni xx

Heather said...

Hi Paula, congratulations on making the WOJ design team, I'm so happy for you. Gorgeous first DT card, love your fuzz, gorgeous Willow, definitely my favourite, the flowersoft baskets are fantastic.
hugs Heather xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Paula. Love the design of your card and the sweet Willow image. Hugs Michele x

Tara Godfrey said...

This is brilliant, Paula! Great shaped card! Willow looks so sweet and is coloured so beautifully! Love all your fuzzy elements! We are so glad to have you on the WOJ Challenges team! Thanks for your sweet comment too...so kind!
Hugs,t

Giò said...

WOW!!!! Paula this is a beautiful idea!!!!
Welcome on our team and thanks for your lovely comment!!!

Hugs
Giò

xxxtglxxx said...

This is SO original! :) wow. What a great concept, gorgeous image and such beautiful colouring paula! :)

Well done on the DT! xxhugsxx

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I have been meaning to tell you how amazing this card is. It is so clever and your coloring is just fab!