PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Thursday 8 July 2010

Chocolate Chip Sheep in Mint Green Pasture

front of card

close-up of image showing glitter on flowers

close-up showing sparke of glittered centres
on floral embellishments

close-up showing metallic bead centres on
punched border daisy motif & some
of the distressed/inked edges

inside of card

Challenge 13 of the Sugar Nellie Forum (now at Paper Craft Planet) is a colour challenge of "MINT CHOC CHIP". I  used the sketch from this week's Papertake Weekly Challenge & achieved the wool effect on the sheep's body by dotting the Colourless Blender pen over the area I had previously coloured. As for my colour of sheep - there are sheep like this in the neighbouring fields here in the Welsh Brecon Beacons. Althouhg I've seen black sheep I was rather taken aback when I first saw these chocolate & coffee brown ones. I stood for a long time just looking to see how the colouration was distributed. Also, the sheep were constantly moving - even when standing still or lying down their heads were in motion chewing away.

Recipe
Stamp Sugar Nellie Limited Edition digital image.
Inks etc... Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, Brilliance Coffee Bean & Oasis Green VersaMagic for inking most cardstock & paper edges, & the Brilliance Coffee Bean also for sponging the image panel.
Colouring Copic Ciaos, Inkssential White Opaque Pen, Stickles Glitter Glue (Orange Peel).
Cardstock Brown Moondust, dark & light mint green from "stash".
Paper Joanna Sheen Gingham Paper Pad.
Punches Woodware (flower), Martha Stewart (border), Crafts Too (corner).
The metallic beads were from "stash".

Challenges Entered
Papertake Weekly - Sketch #44
Creative Inspirations Wednesdays Challenge #68 - On the Move (my constantly chewing sheep) 
Crafty Catz #39 - Distressing (inked edges - see above photo)
Magical Crafts #18 - Flower Power
One Stop Craft Challenge Wk 87 - Distressing (inked edges - see above photo)
Pile It On #26 - My Favorite Things (making  flowers, daisies, checks & strangely enough the colours green & brown though mint choc chip is not an ice cream I like!)

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is gorgeous! Sounds like you aren't all that far away from me in Llantrisant. I love the colour combo and how you have achieved the wool effect is really clever, i love this card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week xx

Sarah said...

This is beautiful, love the colour combo and the Sugar Nellie image is very cute. Thank you for joining us at MCFC, good luck in the draw xxx

PCM said...

Nicely done. Interesting story about the lambs in your part of the world. I love your scallop border punch - who makes that one? TFS

Lorraine said...

this is awesome i love it huni the inside looks just as beautiful as the front xx

carol said...

Gorgeous card, love the flower boarder, thanks for joining in with Craftycatz x carol

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and cute image, thanks for joining in this week at crafty catz

Elaine said...

Yummy scrummy card Paula, makes my tummy rumble thinking of mint choc chip!
Love how you've coloured your sheep, I have seen the brown ones before.
Love the MS floral border punch too.
Hugs Elaine xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Awwww what a cute card, love how you have coloured the sheep and used the blender pen. Debs xx

xxxtglxxx said...

That sheep is so chocolatey Paula!! :) I love it!
Great colouring, great embellishments and I love that punch! :) take care and good luck

alison xx

Helen said...

Awww...sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Annie said...

ooo now I'm thinking of ice cream and supposed to be back on my diet! love the style of this card with this cute digi sheep.
hugs, annie x

Nana said...

Made me smile when opened the link. :) So very cute.
Thank you for joining us at "PIO" this week!
hugs Nana

Sharon Caudle said...

This is beyond adorable! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW and hope you join us again this week!
hugs
Sharon