PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Friday 16 July 2010

CAS Opening Out of Stickles Mishap

front of card

close-up of image viewed through aperture

inside of card

Challenge 14 of the Sugar Nellie Forum is to make an aperture card. I actually set out to do something quite different but a clogged bottle of Stickles splurting over my almost completed card intervened. The moral of that is: once you think you've unclogged your Stickles bottle test it out on a scrap piece of paper well AWAY from your project BEFORE applying it.

Recipe
Stamps Sugar Nellie Big Bunch of Love (image), Stampendous Firework Trio SSC674 (sentiment).
Inks etc.... Memento Tuxedo Black (image), Brilliance Mediterranean Blue (sentiment & for inking cardstock edges).
Colouring Copic Ciaos, Letraset Fine Line Drawing Pen,  Inkssentials White Opaque Pen.
Cardstock Navy, peach & turquoise from "stash".
Punches Woodware (oval & scalloped ovals).
The sticky ribbon is Anita's & the pearls are from "stash".

Challenges Entered
Creative Inspirations Challenge #38 - Use The Oldest Thing In Your Craft Stash (the navy card I've used for the card base came with a set of Derwent Pencils purchesed in the Summer of 2008 shortly after I began crafting. It had a small perforated tag forming part of the card in the top right corner . I removed the tag & punched a larger scalloped oval over the opening. The peach sticky ribbon was purchased around the same time).
Hanna & Friends #53 - Celebrating
Stampavie & More #102 - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

well what a nightmare hun but i am loving this card the boy is so super cute i so need to start mine now i think i am going to go for the clean and simple approach too as not much time to get it done so fingers crossed i make it xx

Annie said...

aha Paula! you got Stickled!! It's happened to me too and is so annoying especially when you are about to complete a project! I'm glad you managed to rescue your design and you made a cute card with this SN image.
enjoy your weekend.
hugs, annie x

Elaine said...

Fab card Paula. I love this image and you've coloured him perfectly.
I've done that myself with stickles, but my biggest mistake was with Perfect Pearls, I always seem to get them everywhere but where they should be!
Love Elaine xx

Danielle Daws said...

Gorgeous! What an adorable image!

Pink Dandelion said...

Fab card Paula, didn't have time to join in at PCP this week but love what you have done. I always get in a pickle with stickles. I forget it is wet and always manage to smudge it somehow. Debs xx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous card paula!! I love this cute little fella and his flowers look fab! I ahve done this a lot with stickles. If you are quick they can wipe away with no trace :) Great card with the use of the aperture!
Hugs Judy xx

xxxtglxxx said...

aww paula - I did smile about the stickles! :) Its happened to us all! lol. (I always have tissues and baby-wipes near my craft table!) Love the image, he is charming, and you have coloured him delightfully! xxhugsxx alison