PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Friday 26 February 2010

Spring Mouse with Glitter, Pearls & Distress Inks

easel card standing

card open showing base & personal message panels detail of image with sparkly yellow bows & green ribbon

close-up of floral embellishment & 2 checked patterns
This has been a week of discoveries with the paper bin becoming full of punched out flower elements & half painted mice as I worked until I was reasonably happy with the floral embellishments & Distress Inks watercolouring. I was rather taken by the subtle colours of the Distress Inks & I have to thank the A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge (Distress Inks, pearls & glitter) for prompting me to start using them. I shall need a lot more practice but the challenge deadlines are imminent!

I wanted to enter the Penny Black colour combination challenge but my Penny Black stamps are all Christmassy so I was particularly delighted when I found that the small snowflakes in the Giving & Receiving acrylic set are ideal for stamping on flower petals. Bev Rochester's Punched Flower Tutorial (http://bevscrafts.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-i-make-my-flowers.html) gave me the inspiration.

All the punches used for the flowers are Woodware except for the outer one which is EK Success. I used ColorBox Silk Green for the stamped yellow petals & also edging the outermost & innermost petals; then Brilliance Sunflower Yellow for the edges of the remainder. Pearls & Stickles glitter glue completed the flowers & I shall use this formula, or a variation, again as I'm really pleased with the effect.

The mouse is another of the Cute Companions (Crafter's Companion) watercoloured with Distress Inks except for the bouquet's ribbon (Sakura Stardust) & the yellow bows of the outfit (Sakura Stardust & Stickles glitter glue). The scalloped circle background was punched (Woodware) from cardstock. All the edges of the cardstock & patterned papers (floral - Nancy Watt Spring Florals Collection, yellow check - Provo Craft French Country Colors Bitty Scrap Pad) were inked with ColorBox Raw Silk.

I used the sketch from this week's Create 4 Fun challenge & the floral embellishment entitled me also to enter the Totally Gorjuss challenge.

Everything apart from that already mentioned is from my "stash" & I am entering the following challenges:

A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge 92 - Distress Inks, Pearls & Glitter

Create 4 Fun Challenge Week 08 - Sketch

3 comments:

Net said...

Love it - thanks for playing Gorjuss

Bev said...

Well done on all the challenges Paula. Your card is so pretty, love the spring colours and adorable image x

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is fab Paula I love your colouring of Jaynes little mouse stunning card dear
Hugs Jacqui x