PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Sunday 14 February 2010

Colour & Sketch Valentine

card standing in easel position
detail of ribbon & designer brad
detail of embossing & gems
detail of panel inside for personal message


My brief was to make a gentleman's Valentine card which was neither cute nor fussy. For the first time I followed a sketch (Friday Sketchers) & a colour recipe (red, white/off white, chocolate & pink - Colour Create - the optional extra being silver & hearts) with a result that both surprised & thrilled me: I would never have dreamt of combining brown with white or silver/grey.

I stamped & embossed the image (Elusive Images) with Winter Wonderland embossing powder (Stampendous) & inked the background diamond panel using Alabaster (ColorBox chalk), Moonlight White (Brilliance) & Starlite Silver (Brilliance). The latter was also used to edge both the inked panel & the main easel panel. All the red elements were edged in Coffee Bean (Brilliance). The grey pearls which top & tail the inked diamond panel are Kan Ban & the ribbon is from a Woodware pack. The punches used for the various sizes of ovals are also Woodware. Apart from the Dovecraft designer brad everything else is from my "stash".
The card also fitted the Allsorts Challenge recipe of 3, 2, 1 (in this case 3 panels, 2 pearls & 1 brad or 3 pieces of red card, 2 pieces of silver moondust card & 1 embossed image). The Double Dutch Valentine theme also fitted & my 3 red focal points fitted the red Crazy 4 Challenges theme. So, this time I entered 5 challenges:


Friday Sketchers #89

Colour Create #38 - Red, White/Off White, Chocolate Brown & Pink

Allsorts Challenge #39 - A Recipe With a Difference: 3, 2, 1

Double Dutch Challenge DDC#36 - Be My Valentine

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C24 - Red

4 comments:

Debs said...

Great simple card.
Thanks for joining us at Allosrts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Mummylade said...

Such a classy card! I'm so glad you joined the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

Dena said...

Paula, this is a very elegant looking Valentine card! Great work!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week! Good luck on all the drawings!
Hugs, Dena

Di said...

Beautiful card!!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week!

Hugs Di xx
p,s i have candy on my blog [please scroll down you dont have to do anything just add your name.