1) Using a piece of ribbon about 12 inches long
2) & placing the bottom edge of patterning to the left, loop the ribbon around the first two fingers as shown.
3) Taking the left tail place it over the right ribbon & flip over between the first two fingers.
4) Turn the hand over & ensure the right side of the ribbon you have just flipped over is facing you & the bottom edge of the pattern is to the left.
5) Insert the tail down through the gap between the two fingers as shown.
6) Turn the hand back so the palm faces you & the ribbon just inserted through the gap has the wrong side facing you.
7) Pull the top tail straight down so the wrong side faces you & the tail is towards the right of the first tail as shown.
8) Taking the left tail fold it up & over the second tail as shown.
9) Insert the tail through the loop formed by the second tail as shown.
10) Pull the first tail upwards & the second tail downwards ensuring both the tails have their wrong sides facing you.
11) Pull tight
12) Turn the hand over & neaten the centre fold if necessary.
13) Turning the hand back so that the palm faces you the knot should look like this with an inverted U or horseshoe shape visible.
14) The tails can be pulled downwards......
15) ....... or sideways
16) ......& the ends snipped as desired.
Here you can see that both bows have the flowers growing upwards out of the ground whether looking at the bows themselves or the tails.