I haven't tackled any computer graphics yet so my diagrams are hand-drawn but you can click on the images to enlarge & hopefully in conjunction with the photos they will make sense. If you have any questions please just ask. I find it useful to initially make up anything new or unusual using ordinary copier paper, which is what I have used in the photos below.
1. Cut a piece of cardstock to 5 x 11½ inches.
2. With the short side to the left score vertically at ¾, 1½, 2½, 3½, 4¾, 6 & 8¾ inches.
3. Mountain fold the unbroken lines (at ¾, 2½, 4¾, & 8¾ inches).
Valley fold the broken lines (at 1½, 3½ & 6 inches).
4. This is the basic frame which can then be decorated as desired.
5. The 5 inch measurement can easily be adjusted as I did with mine to accommodate exactly 5 hearts so
my width was 4 & thirteen sixteenths of an inch. The back panel I decorated & secured to the last
step was this width & 5 inches in height.
I was mid-project on Sunday when my husband brought me a mug of coffee - confronted by the chaos on my bench he suggested I take a photo & post it on my blog, so ...........