Initially I used Distress Inks to cover the brayered base card after heat embossing the stamped image (Joseph's Coat Technique) but they were not strong enough to cover the bright greens, so I tried Brilliance Starlite Black, that didn't work either. Thinking logically: if the brayering onto glossy card was with dye inks, the Distress Inks (dye, but with their own unique properties) were not dense enough & the Brilliance (pigment) which normally copes with most surfaces wasn't great, might a "normal" dye ink work? I tried the All Night Media Dye in black - several hours later it was still rubbing off onto my fingers. Knowing that I might wreck my heat embossed image completely in the process, I used my heat gun briefly to heat set the black ink. It worked. The final hurdle was photographing the Mirri card!
close-up of image showing Joseph's Coat Technique,
lime Mirri card & texture of blue cardstock
inside of card showing texture & paper piercing
on blue cardstock plus stamped swirl edging
(click on image to enlarge)
Stamps Sugar Nellie Leanne Ellis Poise (image), Elusive Images UDLSP0220 Dawn Chorus (swirls).
Inks Kaleidacolor Caribbean Sea, Chipped Sapphire & Black Soot Distress Inks (see above), Brilliance Starlite Black (see above), All Night Media (Black), VersaMark watermark ink pad & Stewart Gill Ultrafine Embossing Powder, VersaFine Majestic Blue (swirls).
Cardstock Moondust Silver, textured blue, lime Mirri & pale green from "stash".
Punches, Dies etc... Woodware (Scalloped Circle, Scalloped Oval & Scalloped Square).
Ribbon from "stash".
All Things Sugar Nellie (Paper Craft Planet) Wk 30 - Tent Topper Card
Crafty Creations Challenge 94 - Beautiful Insides