We are reaching some interesting letters in the Baroque Guild Alphatag Swap. My "Q" tag somehow grew from a quartet into double that &, after my husband suggested quirky, I found I had nine Qs:
- Quartet - four squares
- Quatrefoil (four-leaf image)
- Quill - the shaft of the feather
- Quercus - oak
- Quicksilver - mercury is called quicksilver as it resembles liquid silver. My liquid silver is represented by the silver embossing & colouring of the four images, using a silver gel pan to tangle the background pattern & the silver ink used to stamp feathers (quills) on the back.
- Quiltz - the name of the tangle I used for the background
- Quadrilateral - square shapes
The four-leaved clover, acorns & smaller feather were all watercoloured using a damp paint brush & colour from a silver Sakura Stardust pen. The metallic backing of the 'Crystal Effects' sticker is a piece of aluminium foil.
Stamps Chocolate Baroque UDLSP0200 Lily (four-leaved clover), UDLSP0220 Dawn Chorus (larger feather) & UDLSP0221 Wise Owl (smaller feather); Elusive Images UDL HC0181 Sketchy Alphabet (Question Mark).
Inks Emboss Tinted Stamp Pad with Stampendous Detail Silver Embossing Powder (question mark, four-leaved clover, acorns & smaller feather), Black Soot Distress Ink (inking various cardstock edges), Encore Silver (larger feathers on back).
Markers etc... Signo uni-ball gel rollerball pen, Sakura Stardust gel pen, Staedtler Triplus Fineliner.
Cardstock White & an assortment of blacks in various finishes from stash.
Dies Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die - Tag & Bookplates; Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Squares Small; Spellbinders Shapeabilities Sprightly Sprockets & Ironwork Motifs.
Punch Woodware (scalloped squares).