PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Musing Over Tearing Paper

front of card

close-up of image showing glittered wings
& sparkle on bracelet

inside of card
(click on above image to see the sheen of the
Moondust mauve cardstock)

As I mentioned a few posts ago I have learnt much (& continue to do so) from the Whiff of Joy Tutorials & Inspirations Blog. This week Claudia Rosa has provided 2 very different sketches for inspiration with interpretations to be submitted by Friday 18th. I have completed Sketch #4 first - it had me thinking as there was an indication of torn paper being an element of the design. Tearing paper is not something I find easy - not because of damaging the paper - it's just that I don't seem to be able to get a reasonable result when I do attempt it. It occurred to me that the pattern on the sketch looked like deckle edging &, since I have a box of  decorative edging scissors languishing on a shelf, I thought I might experiment a little. I cut the paper, inked the edges & then fitted them back together again.

I thoroughly enjoyed colouring the image, I think it is the first time I have been able to colour & use the first image - the rubbish bin normally fills somewhat as soon as I start colouring. I shall be using Musing Melinda for the second sketch as I want to see what impact a different sketch & colours will have upon the same image. Hopefully I can complete the second project also before the deadline on Friday.

Recipe
Stamp Whiff of Joy Musing Melinda.
Inks etc.... Memento Tuxedo Balck (image). Dusty Concord Distress Ink for inking cardstock & paper edges.
Colouring Copic Ciaos, Letraset Black Fine Line Drawing Pen, Inkssentials White Opaque Pen, Sakura Stardust Pen, Stickles Glitter Glue (Ice Stickles Lemon Ice).
Cardstock White, textured white & Moondust mauve from "stash".
Paper Joanna Sheen Gingham Paper Pad.
Punches Woodware (circles & scalloped circle, hearts & scalloped hearts).
Paper Edgers Fiskars Deckle.
Pearls Papermania.

3 comments:

Lilian said...

Your coloring is gorgeous! Love the layout too. Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Belles N Whistles blog hop!

Annie said...

aha! so this is the mauve project you hinted at! Melinda is just fabulous and I love the sparkle!
enjoy the sunshine!
hugs, annie x

Elaine said...

Fab card Paula! Your colouring is beautiful, and I love all the sparkle.
Love Elaine xx