PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Friday 23 December 2011

Ornamental Sparkle

I shall post the results of my poll about "Following" & the conclusions I have come to once Christmas is over. In the meantime I had two cards left to make & have just managed to get these done ready for delivery by hand on Christmas Eve.

Although it took a while to work out how to "hang" the ornaments I was very pleased with the result. Another aspect that quite delighted me was the way the "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" wording worked out on the patterned paper for the inside of the card.

front of card
angled view to show sparkle of glittered ornaments
 & mirri card used for layering 
close-up showing heat embossing
& glittering of ornament
close-up showing dimension & gold thread
"hanging" of ornaments
inside of card
close-up showing paper piercing of
sentiment panel
Recipe
Stamps Chocolate Baroque UDLSP0304 Christmas Decorations.
Inks VersaMark watermark stamp pad with Stampendous Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder, Peeled Paint Distress Ink (inking some cardstock & paper edges). Brilliance Galaxy Gold (edging stamped images).
Colouring Ice Stickles Glitter Glue (Crystal Ice).
Cardstock Craft UK Limited (card blank); an assortment of white, gold & green cardstock from stash.
Papers Making Cards The Craft Creations Collection Christmas Papers.
Punches Woodware (oval & scalloped oval).
The ribbon, gold star sequins & gold thread are all from stash.

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

These baubles have made an elegant card and I like the neat paper piercing on the scallop. I reckon these stamps might just have to join my wish list in readiness for next year.

Pink Dandelion said...

Another stunning card Paula, love the backing paper with the gold matting and the embossing on the baubles matches perfectly. Thank you for all the lovely comments you have left on my cards I always look forward to hearing from you. Wishing you and Richard a very Merry Christmas. Hugs Debs xx

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Paula. I also want to say thank you for the lovely comments you leave. Best wishes to you and Richard and maybe I'll pop over and see you again! Sandra

Claire said...

Beautiful card Paula, I love the green and gold colours and they way you've hung those baubles looks stunning
Claire xx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Paula you leave no stone unturned when you create your masterpieces. I was especially drawn to the curved dimension added to these embossed and sparkled baubles.

xxxtglxxx said...

My favourite card of yours EVER! :) Love, love, love this Paula - its just perfect!

hugs

xxalisonxx