PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Whiff Of Joy Challenge DT - #88 2nd Anniversary Special Thank You

front of joy fold card


card open to show internal card


internal card


close-up of image panel showing Flower Soft basket &
textured black cardstock


close-up of message panel showing
textured black cardstock


back of joy fold card with ribbon tying it closed
(click on images to enlarge)

To mark  this second anniversary of the challenge each of the Design Team members (see here) have made a special Thank You card. I had no idea in my earlier post quite how much Whiff Of Joy & those associated with its various functions was to continue to influence me in my crafting. This is my penultimate posting as a Guest Designer for the Whiff Of Joy Challenge Blog - an experience which has taught (& continues to do so) me much through the contact with its very international past & present Design Team Members, Followers & Simon Says Stamp. Hence this is not only a "Thank You" as a member of the Challenge Blog Design Team but a personal one also in which my fellow Design Team Members are included.

Finally, a special thank you also to Jane who currently coordinates the Challenge Blog Design Team.

It is only as I am writing this post that the aptness of my choice of the "joy fold" card for Whiff Of Joy has struck me. It is the first time I have made one of these (I based it upon this Splitcoast Stampers tutorial but adapted the measurements) which I thoroughly enjoyed & will make again.   

Recipe
Stamp Willow image from Whiff Of Joy Spring Spring 2009 Stamp Kit.
Inks etc... Memento Tuxedo Black (image), Distress Inks (Black Soot & Worn Lipstick) for inking most cardstock & paper edges.
Colouring Copic Ciaos & Sketch, Sakura Stardust Pens, Inkssentials White Opaque Pen, Letraset Black Fine Line Drawing Pen.
Cardstock Moondust black, pink & textured black from "stash".
Papers Joanna Sheen Paisley.
Punches Woodware (oval & scalloped ovals), Fiskars (Lace ornate corner), EK Success (corner rounder). 
Ribbon Woodware.
Flowers Prima Esprit Orange (pink & yellow) & "stash" (black) held together with a Dovecraft Jewel Brad.
The gems & Flower Soft are from "stash".

Challenges Entered
Allsorts Wk 70 - At Least 3 Punches (I used 4)
A Spoonfull of Sugar #122 - Anything Goes
ISB Challenge #34 - Bow
The Craft Den Anything goes Wk 17 - Cute
Wild Orchid Challenges #6  - Ribbons & Bows

5 comments:

Annie said...

I love the surprise inside on this card! and such pretty papers Paula, a gorgeous creation.
hugs, annie x

Fleur said...

What a fab card, very pretty
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Michele said...

Such a pretty card Paula. Love the design of your card and the details also. Hugs Michele x

elsi67 said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

So pretty!!! I've never made a Joy fold card before. I always mean to but never do, LOL. Such lovely details with all the the embossing and and little gems.